Contested Probate

The legal term used for when a person passed away without a Will is “intestate.”  If the estate is worth more than $150,000 then the County Superior Court will need to oversee the administration of the estate.  The person appointed to handle the estate is called the “Administrator.”

If there is a claimed unknown heir, unknown spouse, creditor, if you disagree with how the estate is being handled, you can file an objection, and you are entitled to a trial on the issue.

Administrators typically need to post bond, unless all heirs waive the need for a bond.  A bond is an insurance policy against misuse of the estate's funds.

We are Committed to Your Case

Contact Us Today!