World Health Organization's Summary of Covid-19/Coronavirus
• A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO Country Office in China on 31 December 2019.
• WHO is working 24/7 to analyze data, provide advice, coordinate with partners, help countries prepare, increase supplies and manage expert networks.
• The outbreak was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020.
• The international community has asked for $675,000,000 to help protect governments with weaker health systems as part of its Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan.
• On 11 February 2020, WHO announced a name for the new coronavirus disease: COVID-19.
• To stay up to date, follow @DrTedros and @WHO on Twitter, read WHO's daily situation reports and news releases, and watch our regular press conferences.